Slice of life creations in video and photo format of a New York-based video and documentary producer.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

flowers

Biking downtown to work from my apartment I enter Riverside Park just below 96th Street. A few blocks later there are some beautiful lush flower gardens that are maintained by people in the neighborhood. Earlier in the summer there were huge flowers - irises and roses - now things have calmed down a bit, but there are still quite a few. In May this is where I took a few close ups of flowers and e-mailed them to Mom for Mother's Day. In the background top and center you can make out the rear side of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful garden. I have spent a great deal of time here in the past 8 years. My favorite spot is where the plants grow in the white stones. I'm amazed that these western flowers can adapt to the NYC climate. Whoever arranged the sloping stones did a beautiful job with it. And there are different flowers all year long. Azalea in early spring to Heather during the winter.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger ridavio said...

Cool. I will have to do some winter biking this year and check it out.

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home