Slice of life creations in video and photo format of a New York-based video and documentary producer.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chora

As I was trying to ask about buying a bus ticket to go to the Chora Church museum today a man just insisted on driving me there. He turned out to be Bulgarian and didn't speak a word of English. I don't speak Russian or Turkish either - his other languages - so he put some rap on the car radio to at least share something along the way. 'English' he said, possibly the only word he knew in my language. When he left me there we shook hands and instead of kissing both cheeks as men who are friends here tend to do, we sort of softly butted heads on either side. He also wanted to exchange numbers once he understood I was from New York.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home