Slice of life creations in video and photo format of a New York-based video and documentary producer.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

new design

 
Last week I was invited to speak at the New Design High School on the Lower East Side to a senior class working on multimedia projects and creating documentaries. I quickly discovered high school has changed a lot since I last experienced it. This class is taught on a blog and the teacher had embedded the documentary he asked me to present in the class blog and projected it from the computer. The theme of the year is Gendercide and the students are doing projects in teams or individually on related subject matter - heavy stuff. Two of them are working on LGBT-related projects and that is part of the reason I was invited. After my film was screened and a short Q & A, these two students interviewed me for their project. When we returned, the class was finishing and students were handing in their laptops to be put away. The teacher reminded them, "Don't forget to tweet one thing you learned today!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home