Slice of life creations in video and photo format of a New York-based video and documentary producer.

Thursday, November 04, 2010

test, this is only a test



From ridavio. I finally took the plunge into the tape-less HD video world with a spanking new Sony HXR-NX5U that had it's debut run in Keystone, Colorado last month. Before my departure to the Rocky Mountain state I took it for a test spin in my backyard, that would be Central Park.
The footage was shot at auto settings using the default AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920 x 1080/60i. It was all handheld and I found the 5.5lb easy enough to work with. I tried some wide shots and some zooms and some changing of focus depth. The day was mostly cloudy with some spots of sunshine, but brisk and toward the end the wind picked up and my fingers got cold. Still it was nice to see the last of the birds passing through for fall migration and a bit of folliage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home